Vancouver Public Schools, in partnership with the Foundation for Vancouver Public Schools and Wind and Oar Boat School, is offering a free program designed to introduce students to the craft of boat building! Students will develop woodworking skills in order to build a real, seaworthy vessel while also learning about environmental and maritime issues and making new friends. The culminating activity is a launch of the students’ boat.
Students may participate in one of three sessions:
- Aug. 1 to Aug. 19, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Aug. 1 to Aug. 19, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Aug. 1 to Aug. 19, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
All sessions will take place at the Jim Parsley Community Center at 2901 Falk Rd., Vancouver, WA 98661 (entrance is off of Plomondon Road).
Who may apply?
Any VPS student who will be in grades 7-12 during the 2016-17 school year and who is able to commit to the full three-week experience may apply.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application by July 30, 2016.
- Return it to the district office at 2901 Falk Rd., Vancouver, WA 98661.
- Students who are accepted will be notified as soon as possible.
Questions? Contact Coordinator Dana Selby.