McLoughlin Middle School coaches are excited for the upcoming volleyball season and would like YOU to be a part of the 7th or 8th grade volleyball team this fall. Everyone will have the opportunity to be on a team and learn the fundamental skills of volleyball. All you need to do is bring a great attitude, be willing to learn new skills, try hard, use teamwork, and have fun!!
In order to be ready for practice this fall, you need to GET CLEARED early!! To be “cleared” simply means that you need to complete all of the following procedures before practice begins:
Receive a current sports physical. You will want to do this as soon as possible.
- Contact your family doctor to schedule an appointment.
- Visit one of the Family Care and Urgent Medical Clinics.
- Hazel Dell – 7701 NE Hwy 99 (phone: 574-2900)
- Cascade Park – 406 SE 131st Avenue, Suite A101 (phone: 253-2822)
- Minnehaha – 4421 NE St. Johns Road Suite F (phone: 695-9922)
- Contact the Jim Parsley Center Free Clinic at # 313-1390. You need to meet low-income financial criteria in order to qualify for an appointment.
- Take advantage of a FREE SPORTS PHYSICALS (sponsored by the Vancouver School District)
- August 10, 2017 at Hudson’s Bay HS 1:00 to 4:30 pm
- August 17, 2017 at Fort Vancouver HS 1:00 to 4:30 pm
- For uninsured students:
- August 26, 2017 at Free Clinic of SW Washington 9:00 to 1:00
- Please call 313-1390 for an appointment ONLY for the Free Clinic location
- Complete the VOLLEYBALL registration on-line.
- Attend Practices!!
- THE FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE IS AUGUST 21nd AT 3:30 PM at MCLOUGHLIN MIDDLE SCHOOL
- Practice schedule for the first week:
- Monday-Friday 3:30 to 5:15 at McLoughlin Middle School
- Be sure to come the first day prepared with gym clothes and shoes.
- Remember that you must have at least 10 practices in before your first match.
We look forward to seeing you on the court this fall!
8th grade Coaches: Mr. Chan
7th Grade Coach: Mrs. Langley